Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'M JUST NOT INTERESTED!


How do we tell the other person you just aren't interested without hurting their feelings or loosing a vital business relationship in the long run. In my day to day, I receive several random text messages with confessions of feelings and vows of undying love. I let certain messages slide that are once a month or even bi-weekly. I simply do not respond to them. What I don't get is the persistent man that text's me every day telling me things like Hey, I miss you, Hey I cant stop thinking of you or Hey I told my parents about you! WOW, slow down buddy your scaring me, before you jump out the window, uhm...what's your name again? When it comes to matters of the heart, how do you not offend the next person and tell them you are simply not interested in them at all! Why should we lie and make up excuses to get out of a dinner invitation or outing? I would like to be blunt, rude and tell them I do not find them sexually attractive, that we have no chemistry and a few choice words, but that's just so mean! What kills me is the constant nagging, whether they stalk you on various social sites, text messaging, instant messenger, email and the worse they go to the same spots you hang out at.

What kills me is that some of these people insist on grabbing for your attention and just don't get it...I would like to know if a man or woman is just stupid and doesn't get the hint or why do people set themselves up for failure. I don't get it? I understand that sometimes you have to put yourself out there to let the person know you are interested but damnit, when that effort is not shown back you have to know when to stop. I clearly know when I am not wanted...there should be some sort of cyber etiquette rules. I have decided to be the bigger person amongst us G's and I'm going to break it down for people that are doing such behaviors...see below.

Dating and Technology Etiquette:

1. If you reach out to a love interest via text and do not get a response within an hour. Do not call or email this person. They may be busy; don't annoy them!

2. Don't be a stalker and check the Blackberry message read status every 10 minutes and then follow up with a response like "I see you haven't read my messages" Early signs of over obsessive behavior and being an asshole.

3. Don't be the only person that leaves message on your love interest voicemail.

4. If this person hasn't responded to your invitations or compliments in 2 days, no no no 24 hours, they simply aren't interested! Just leave them alone.. damnit leave me alone...Sorry I had a flashback!

5. Don't leave stupid-ass random comments your love interests' Myspace FaceBook etc page...especially if you see they haven't read your messages.

6. Don't befriend your love interest friends on Myspace...how tacky and again stalkerish!

7. If someone tells you they are busy and you continue to stay on the phone or texting them...its is quite annoying.

4 comments:

The FEATURE™ said...

Hahaha...

I know what you're speaking of and I feel your pain. However, I don't have these problems. I give these broads two chances and if they don't respond within a timely manner, I move one.

My life is too short to be chasing after bird-ass-bitches that feel like seh dem shit don't stink. I got deals to make and paper to chase. Once chics become a burden, it's time to move forward. Fi dat deh man weh a blow up yuh phone, juss tell ihm fi buzz aff...lol.

Another one for the books Lexi. Let's GO!!!

The FEATURE™ said...

And furthermore, I love misses, thug misses, shy misses, rough misses, don't matter you my misses. Gold diggers witchya eyes on my riches, can't knock your hustle for real, exotic misses...hahaha!

Lexi Chow PR & Company said...

estupido!!!

Anonymous said...

Your a clown Lexi lolol

The Chow Down Headline Animator